1. I make a deal for a car. The price is $40,000. The dealer gives me $5,000 cash back. That means I paid $35,000 for the car. My sales tax is on $40,000
2. My local Harbor Master submitted a proposal to the Town to raise the mooring fees from $2.00 to $20.00. His stated reasons were a) we have raised them for a long time and b) other towns charge more. Neither of which is a reason to raise taxes. The idiot Select Board approved it!
3. I buy a $45,000 new car. It must be inspected to make sure it is safe to drive. My friend visits from Michigan in a 20 year old junker and does not need a safety sticker.
4. I pay more property taxes for schools because I have a nicer house than my lay-about neighbor whose house is just like mine but because he is a slob his is a piece of sh^t...and as a lobsterman, he earns lots more than I do and has 6 children by 3 women in school.
5. People who live in mobile homes (trailers) pay almost no property taxes to pay for government and schools. In Michigan, these freeloaders had twice as many kids as brick and mortar folks. I think it is the same in Maine.
6. I waited until I was older to enroll in Medicare Part D (prescription drugs) and I was assessed a tax or every year I was not in the plan. Inmy case,the premium was $17.00 but the penalty tax was $38.80. This exactly like the pre-existing clause insurance companies had before ObozoCare. Why is there no loud hew and cry about this penalty by the DumbacRats or the Republicraps.?
More to come.
7. When you live on a very narrow 2 lane road with lots of traffic and no berms, you get these per-mortum dudes and dudettes on bicycles going 2 mph and hogging the road. Some of these geniuses even had children with them.
8. You want to go to a business (restaurant or store etc) and they are not open yet you check their Face Book or Web page and it is so out-of-date that you still have no idea when they open. They are too lazy to update and then gripe about losing business.
9. Loud music any where (especially in restaurants) as well as that Borg style droning in stores which is nothing more than overly pubescent teenager girls screaming unintelligible lyrics.
10. Restaurant servers babbling out the 27 specials of the day without prices. Why not write them down so we can read what they are because by the time the waiters get back to floor we have forgotten what they are.
11. Anybody chewing gum.
12. Anybody smoking.
More to come