I went to the State House recently, had an eye-opening experience, and I have some questions. I may be opening up a can of worms here.
1. Does the legislature or state have a babysitting service for a legislator's child?
2. Say a legislator brings his toddler to Augusta with him for the week, when that legislator is in committee or in chambers, who would be watching the child?
3. Is the state (say the people in the Democratic office for example) responsible for watching that legislator's child while her parent is in committee or at hearings or voting?
4. Is that legislator giving 100% to his position if he has a toddler he has to watch?
5. Is the state house a proper place for a small child to be all week long, week after week, when her mother and other siblings are back at home?