I have just been made aware of SEVERAL instances where Eliot Cutler has shown his true colors in his disdain against Gun Owners. When you go to the polls on Tuesday please consider the following when thinking about who should be our new Governor.
The following proven anti-gun candidates have received donations from Cutler in previous races:
• Bill Bradley for Pres (1999) - Rabid Anti-Gunner ($1000)
• Tom Allen for Congress (2000 & 2003) - Rabid Anti Gunner ($2500)
• Chellie Pingree for Senate (2001, 2002) - Big Brady Supporter ($2000)
• Chellie Pingree for Congress (2008) - Same as above ($250)
• John Kerry for President (2004) - Anti-Gunner w/F NRA Rating ($1000)
• Harry Mitchell for Congress (2006, 2008) - D and F NRA Rating ($1500)
• Barak Obama for President (numerous) - Speaks for itself ($ Several Thousands)
As if this wasn't bad enough, Cutler's Law Firm "Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Field" represented the District of Columbia (PRO-BONO; ie FREE) in the huge case District of Columbia vs Heller where the Supreme Court ended up with the decision that the Second Amendment is an INDIVIDUAL RIGHT. They fought against THAT!
He is also on record stating that mandatory background checks for private firearms sales should be Maine law.
Regardless of what you hear in the paid political advertising, it is my opinion that Eliot Cutler is NO FRIEND of GUN OWNERS and SPORTSMEN in Maine.
I'll be voting for Paul LePage who has demonstrated that he is our friend.
Please pass this information along to every voter you know, and fast.