They would not be calling for a beheading, they would be getting it!
Newsmax, Sunday, July 25, 2004 2:47 p.m. EDT
Millennium Docs Destroyed by Berger Before 9/11 HearingsMost of the existing drafts of the White House's After-Action Millennium Plot Review were stolen from the National Archives and destroyed by former National Security Advisor Sandy Berger at least six months before the Sept. 11 Commission dealt with Millennium issues in interim staff conclusions and public hearings.A chronological review of hearings and staff statement transcripts available on the 9/11 Commission Web site shows that the Millennium plot was not covered in any detail until public hearings in March and April 2004, more than six months after the Berger thefts. Over four sessions on March 23-24 and April 13-14, Commission transcripts show a total of 96 references to both the Millennium plot and the after-action review.
Before the Berger document destruction in September and October 2003, however, a search through Commission transcripts covering five separate hearings turns up just five mentions of the Millennium plot.Berger's attorney, Lanny Breuer, acknowledged to the Washington Post on Sunday that his client's last visit to the National Archives came on Oct. 2, 2003, two days before archives officials told Berger he was suspected of removing documents.Those same officials told the Post that they had five or six drafts of the Millennium after-action review in their files, all of which were eventually stolen by Berger. Only two copies were returned, the Post said, noting, "other drafts of the after-action document, [Archives officials] said, were apparently discarded."On Sunday, Commission co-chair Lee Hamilton insisted that investigators had reviewed every Millennium Review draft that the Archives had in their files, telling NBC's "Meet the Press," We believe we've seen all the documents. ... We're quite sure we've seen all the documents in full."But the Commission's first staff statement on any topic wasn't released till Jan. 26, 2004 - a full four months after Berger had destroyed most of the copies of the Millennium after-action review stored at the Archives. While Democrats have argued that the Millennium reports destroyed by Berger were copies, the New York Post reported on Friday, "Officials say it is possible he also got some unique documents directly from the files" - an apparent reference to oringinal handwritten notes made by senior Clinton officials on the draft copies. Neither Hamilton nor Commission Chairman Tom Kean have given any public assurances that every draft of the Millennium review, complete with original notes, had been seen by investigators before Berger destroyed them.
And he will get away with it with only a small slap on the back of the hands. LL and the other liberals on this forum will see nothing wrong with it at all. One of the better ways to protect the previous administration would be to destroy any references that existed that would tie it to the 9-11 attack. You got to admire their audacity and brazen ability to cover their collective butts. If we conservatives tried that they would crucify us. As it is they are trying to pin 9-11 on Bush in some way.
There is so much stench here that I am sure the dems will never, ever, let anything like the truth come out.Also, it helps that berger is a Dem so we know there will be no jail time.
If this was found out about one of Bush's men the liberal would be calling for a beheading